Monday, February 7, 2011

"I shall not pass this way again..."

"Through this toilsome world, alas!
Once and only once I pass;
If a kindness I may show,
If a good deed I may do
To a suffering fellow man,
Let me do it while I can.
No delay, for it is plain
I shall not pass this way again."-Unknown

In my life I have come across sadness, trials and confusion. Does any of this speak to you and your circumstance? Are you in a desert of your own? A place of reflection or decision making? Are you facing an illness? What is your heartache? I am not an advocate of the use of "positive thinking" to remain in a state of denial of your situation. I am an advocate for principles of health, principles of well being and how those laws and truths can minister to us in our desperation.

This is the truth I am embracing today. And I say today because at times for all of us that is where we must live, in each breath of each day in the attempts to move forward. The truth is no matter what our woes may be, there is always someone to give to, someone else to lift up. There is always an aching heart to serve. The ways in which we can be in the service of others is countless. You can hand someone the warmth and acceptance of a smile, a kindness or a forgiveness. Look around you for someone to pour the beauty of compassion on.

Whenever I feel lost this is the path that reminds me of who I am. It reaquaints me with the best human being I can ascend to be. It is the path that releases the bondage of being in a constant state of self-focus. It opens up the door to the jail cell that that particular state of mind can place us in. Giving to others places us in the stream of blessings that comes when you stretch yourself past what you think your capacity may be. That peace returns to us and lifts us up even if the recipient doesn't "get it" or appreciate it. We do not give of ourselves for recognition, we give because it is good for us. Essentially it is a gift to us to give to others.

Life is a daily beautiful, heart wrenching experience. Let us embrace the truths that will bring us fulfillment and peace. Live in the service of humankind. You will then find a new you that will aid in your realization of the beauty of this place. Don't misunderstand me, living in the service of others is not at the cost of self-denial. It is the foundation of self-love. We are so programmed to think in terms of its "all about me." This is not the way of happiness. Self-love comes from the root of sharing your gifts with the world, it is only in this place that your joy will grow. It is only in the pouring out of ourselves that we are in turn fulfilled. Find yourself through the act of giving. Go against all you have been fed by society, try something new and see how beautiful life can be. Here at The Wellness Kitchen we embrace this way of life. We are here to help you on your path to wellness. It is our joy to be in the service of you. So come and share with us what burdons you and we will help carry your load. We can learn together what to eat, how to treat our bodies, minds and souls properly. And as always this is Sarah, encouraging you to eat peacefully and give all you have....

No comments:

Post a Comment